GRW was selected by Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) to provide on-call transportation construction inspection and management services as directed by DPW staff. GRW provided qualified office and field personnel for several projects during the 2020 and 2021 construction seasons. Our field inspectors are certified in accordance with INDOT’s Certified Technician Program (CTP) and our staff is knowledgeable of current DPW and INDOT design standards and specifications.
Our inspection team's regular list of duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and monitor construction schedules for contract compliance
- Schedule and conduct the pre-construction conference, progress meetings, and such other job conferences as required
- Serve as Owner's liaison with Contractor
- Assist Owner in dealing with various Federal, state and local agencies having jurisdiction over the project
- Review construction work, coordinate and verify quality control testing
- Maintain project records including: Shop drawings, daily reports, pay applications, testing reports
The projects included the International Market Place Intersection Improvements located at the intersection of 38th Street and Commercial Drive and the 2021 Thoroughfare Structural Rehabilitation Area 1.
The work in the projects included:
- 22 lane-miles of street restoration and resurfacing
- 7,600 feet of new curbing and 2,500 feet of new sidewalks including 79 ADA access ramps
- 122,000 feet of pavement markings
- 15 bus pads; and 18 signalized intersections