Following the completion of a study evaluating the existing courthouse, the Jessamine County Fiscal Court selected GRW to complete an exterior restoration/renovation. Originally a two-story building with a clock tower and cupula, the courthouse was constructed in 1878, and two, one-story additions were built in 1964. The building's exterior consists of brick masonry, limestone, and Terne metal roofing, with interior finishes including plaster and masonry.
The study included an assessment report outlining the architectural and structural conditions, as well as the deficiencies of the historic structure. Key areas studied included roofing systems, masonry systems, ornamental metal roofing, and interior finishes. Restoration design included bell tower and cupola repairs, roof repairs, exterior painting, and sealing of brick and stone masonry.