The City of Jeffersontown, KY, selected GRW to provide design, bidding, construction administration, and resident project representative services for infrastructure improvements along Bluegrass Parkway and Plantside Drive at the Bluegrass Commerce Park. The first area of the project is located along Bluegrass Parkway between Hurstbourne Parkway and Plantside Drive, while the second area of the project is located along Plantside Drive between Bluegrass Parkway and Bunsen Parkway.
- New signature entrance sign to Commerce Park along with lighting and landscaping, curb and gutter design along Bluegrass Parkway and transition down side streets
- Lighting, fencing and landscaping aesthetic enhancements along Bluegrass Parkway
- New curb, lighting, landscaping, and decorative fencing in existing traffic islands along Plantside Drive
- New traffic islands along Plantside Drive with lighting and landscaping, improvements to an existing triangular island at the intersection of Bluegrass Parkway and Plantside Drive including landscaping and new flag poles with lighting
- Milling and overlay of the project limits along with new road striping.
GRW's services also included coordination meetings with the City of Jeffersontown, the Statewide LPA Coordinator, and KYTC District 5; permitting, utility coordination and regulatory review services; and a full topographic survey of the project corridor.
Kentucky Highway Design Manual and AASHTO guidelines were used, and all work products complied with Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) requirements. GRW provided these services as part of Statewide LPA General Services contract.
Funding was a combination of Transportation Community and System Preservation (TCSP) and Surface Transportation dedication for Louisville (SLO) monies through KYTC’s Local Public Agency (LPA) Program.